Draco-REX
Corner Junkie

Drives: 13 BRZ, 11 STI, 99 RS
Thanked 1,520 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneday View Post
Maybe I missed it but where is a 8.5 wide wheel mentioned in any of these posts? All 5x100 related references are to a 17x8 only...

As for why a 17x8.5 (which are a 5x114.3 PCD) is 1.2lbs heavier, I'm sure that is because of the added material.

I had the RPF1s in black on my Miata...I personally weighed them on a extremely accurate scale at 9.5lbs each (15x7)...Enkei lists that wheel with silver paint at 9.85lbs..., in theory the black RP03 will be lighter than the silver version, but we won't know for sure until they deliver a set and someone throws them on a scale.

MOST shoppers are more concerned with looks than weights. Enkei doesn't hide their Racing Wheel weights...pretty much any of them are available on their site. If you are looking for the lightest option look at the RPF1. I'll probably end up with NT03+Ms (transferring the 17x8s from my tC) or new PF01s in the smallest, widest option (which is looking like a 17x8 at 18.2lbs).
Ahh, misread the 17x8 5x100 as 17x8.5.

It just irks me. I think the weight of a wheel should be just as available as the sizes. Some manufactures seem to do their best not to post weight. You're right that a lot of people don't care. But for a racing wheel, it should matter. I'm really surprised Volk didn't announce weights with their new sizes too.

I wish I liked the RPF1 look more, and that the NT03 looked better in higher offsets. I was going to go moderate on my tire and rim choice to keep the weight at or under the stock weight. But a chat over at Vorshlag has be thinking of taking the hit in weight and going wide..
Draco-REX is offline   Reply With Quote