View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 01:05 AM   #10
Jordan Silveira

Drives: 2016 Subaru Series.HyperBlue #631
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talk about doing a refresh right! I am so impressed. This is going to blow Toyota out of the water. I actually think the steering wheel looks better with both sides accounted for. I like how the bumper remains largely unchanged. I will be interested to see how the fogs/DRL's now sit. Not sure how I feel about the faux carbon fiber everywhere (just a personal taste issue). I don't really care for the so called disconnect that occurs in the head unit dash piece that normally flows with the passenger side dash piece. I like the theoretical idea of having an infographic computer on the right side of the cluster (temp, tire pressure measurements, maybe cornering statistics, miles left before E, clearly already shows which doors are open.) However, the unfortunate part about all this is that this BRZ looks fully loaded and I can't imagine this car remaining the same price. As a matter of fact I see 35 after all docs, delivery, fees, taxes, etc. take place. I can't justify the car at that price. I think this will be true simply because with Toyota 86 reception largely remaining negative, this will skyrocket this car in the race and will offer no reason to drop price when demand is high. Moreover, if that remains the same, I believe it will make the original BRZ lose value where as the Scion FR-S stands to gain value with the new 86 announcement. Thus, I think I will keep my eyes set on getting a HyperBlue. Sorry for the rant
Jordan Silveira is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jordan Silveira For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (03-20-2016), Ethereal05 (03-20-2016), frznBRZ (04-13-2016), smg1138 (03-24-2016)