Old 02-01-2017, 12:55 PM   #45
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST185RC View Post
Just because Hostess closed down doesn't mean a twinkie isn't still a twinkie. They opened the factories back up and are still churning out twinkies.

In the same way, just because scion is a defunct brand doesn't make the FRS less of an 86 than any of the other siblings in terms of drive train. Subaru plants in FHI are still churning out the 86 and it's variants.

At the end of the day, if you need it, get the ones with all the bells and whistles you need. I bought the FRS to drive the hell out of it. Both the BRZ and FRS felt exactly the same to me on a drive from point a to b on a daily drive. There are some subtle differences if you push the car to do things outside of reasonable every day driving habits, but going down a straight road, getting groceries, taking corners without hammering the throttle. Same same, but different, but still same.

Couldn't be happier with the money I spent on getting the FRS. I'd worry more about not having an AC rather than heated seats. Seriously, these's are cloth seats that warm up pretty quick with body heat already. if anything heated cloth seats is just something extra to go wrong down the road + added weight.
LOL It is funny that most of the seat warmer crowd seem to be in the warmer regions and the AC crowd in the cooler. I can easily live with normal seats since as you say they heat up fast enough on their own but there is not a hope in hell I could go without my AC for those days that it is over 22 (71F) around here.