View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #31
DeeezNuuuts83

Drives: 2006 Evo IX SE
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucket View Post
I think you miss the point...it's not a need to show off, it is fun as hell. I think that watching drifting is actually pretty boring, but driving is great. Racing is exact and stressful...you have your time or car to beat, and then you put everything into doing just that. Drifting is driving with all rules thrown out the window...the only way you can really lose is if you crash. Not quite sure why somebody had to turn it into a competition.
I understand what you mean, but you can apply what you said to either driving style. While racing can be stressful, most people who do it are still having a fun time, since you're just trying to go as fast as possible, not necessarily staring at a clock the entire time. Drifting can be exact and stressful too, if you are trying to be fancy and drift with barriers around you or if you're doing tandem drifts (since it's harder to change your line mid-drift if the other person messes up compared to if you're just cornering normally). I appreciated it a lot more around ten years ago or so, but I still definitely acknowledge the amount of skill involved since it's not easy to do in such a controlled manner.

But obviously driving is always going to beat watching every time... not sure why that comparison was brought up.
DeeezNuuuts83 is offline   Reply With Quote