View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #30
bucket

Drives: 4 wheels
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83 View Post
Personally, I think drifting is entertaining, having been watching events in person since 2003 when I first attended Drift Showoff at Irwindale before it had momentum in the U.S. (as it wasn't even on the track but in their side parking lot). But unless you have a lot of money to spend on tires (and maybe bumpers and powertrain parts, depending on how hard you push your car) combined with a need to show off to other people, it's useless if you're not in an actual drift competition or in an actual rally race (which you wouldn't do in this car anyway, though the lines that rally drivers take through a corner are very different from the lines that a drifter would take, because it's speed vs. style).
I think you miss the point...it's not a need to show off, it is fun as hell. I think that watching drifting is actually pretty boring, but driving is great. Racing is exact and stressful...you have your time or car to beat, and then you put everything into doing just that. Drifting is driving with all rules thrown out the window...the only way you can really lose is if you crash. Not quite sure why somebody had to turn it into a competition.
bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bucket For This Useful Post:
Shin (05-29-2012)