Stang70Fastback
A.K.A. Starlord

Drives: 2015 Series.Blue
Thanked 2,099 Times in 834 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Chris View Post
I have had XPEL Ultimate installed on my car for close to 20K miles of daily commuting on the highway (full bumper, partial hood, partial fenders, and full mirrors), and the Northeast winter has recently put a beating on my film on mostly my hood and bumper. My hood has at least 5 tiny tears from rocks impacting, and my bumper has scuff marks from rocks impacting as well.

I didn't expect the durability of XPEL to be this low. At this rate, I am planning to have my installer replace the film eventually with new.
What kind of magic material do you think this film is made of? It's still just vinyl at the end of the day. You sound upset that after 20,000 miles, the XPEL wrap isn't in pristine, just-installed-yesterday condition. A big rock is still a big rock. This isn't a deflector shield. It's a super thin wrap designed to minimize the damage caused my small debris. Large rocks will still damage it. I've had my XPEL wrap on for over 40,000 miles, including three winters, and tons of road trips, and while it has a few small nicks from some larger bits of debris, it's in amazing condition, and the front of the car still basically looks new.

Check out my blog, read all about my BRZ adventures, and oogle my sweet cell-phone photos!
You can also find me on Instagram, and on Facebook.
Stang70Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote