chutrain

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Posted from another forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZSTI View Post
OK!!! I'm going to settle this up to the most current information I recieved today from Subaru. It is honestly on gong show on getting information on this problem from Subaru, I was told directly from my District Service Manager today that subaru is trying to keep this under table, you guys are actually not going to believe what Im about to say.
Our dealer has only had like 8 brz's come through and only one has come up with this cam CEL problem. I have actually not repaired it because parts were backordered, so I couldnt say what the exact problem is, we just recieved parts on monday but were told not to replace the cam gear and ocv until a reflash of the ecm is done. Heres where its gets complicated......
I spoke to subaru about the reprogram and only our district service manager is autorized to do the reprogram on the brz. They will not release the "pak file" to the dealers. I have not heard of this before and even he said subaru is trying to keep this under the table and I dont know why....:S So he has to fly in and do this reprogram at our dealer but we even have to have a back up ecm here because this "pak file" as they call it has the potential to "fry" the ecm. This is a first for me, I have dealt with "temporary reprogram files" before but nothing with the DSM involved or any potential to "fry" an ecm. This is the most current information I have, it's confusing I know, but Ill try to keep you guys in the loop. Reprogram is scheduled for next wednesday and I will get to talk to our DSM face to face and hopefully get some information relating to this problem.
2006 Subaru Legacy GT Spec B #444/500 (For Sale)
2013 Subaru BRZ WRB Limited - Acquired 9/15/12
chutrain is offline   Reply With Quote