View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #65
congee

Drives: SSM BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Made an appointment with fine details in markham next week for full body rust proofing. They have a promo of $80 for the whole car. Anyone have experience with them? Should I stay away??

November 13 EDIT:

Got my car rust proofed at fine details in markham. Process took about an hour for a full body coverage. Shop was really busy with only 2 service guys working. Probably saw atleast 10 cars coming in and out within that one hour I was there. Had to come back an hour after my scheduled appointment since they were that busy. Probably should have booked an earlier appointment.

They have a promotion of $80 for a full car service however, I felt like they only gave me a half car service. All parts listed in the corrosion free list were covered BUT, they were half sprayed. For example, the trunk was sprayed but only half the seams were sprayed. Engine compartment was fully sprayed BUT some areas that were easily accessible underneath the engine were not sprayed. I'm hoping that the half spray is for the gel to "drip" down over time.

They also oversprayed in some areas like the battery or door locks... Looked like someone took a load on my battery. Left a weird residue and oil smell. Didn't bother going back since it was only $80 and most of the major parts were sprayed.

EDI: Nov 13.

Turns out, fine details DOES NOT use corrosion free anymore. However, they use a similar rust proofing, gel like substance. Also, every 18 months. So weird considering the markham location has corrosion free advertisements everywhere.

Last edited by congee; 11-13-2013 at 08:24 PM.
congee is offline   Reply With Quote