Old 10-30-2015, 08:24 PM   #20
02.ACCORD.DUDE
Car N00B

Drives: Honda Accord (2002)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuseChaser View Post
FWIW, I went w/ the 16" TireRack steelies and the Goodyear UG Ice WRT because of the $110 total rebate. I live in Syracuse, NY, so I'll be putting'em through the torture test in about another month or so, probably. Just bought the Fr-S less than a week ago, and I want to be ready.

On my previous car ('93 BMW 325i), I had used a Continental snow tire, Blizzaks, and Michelin X-ices. Blizzaks were best hands down both in performance and wear/longevity. The Michelins were great new, but wore down VERY quickly when driven on bare roads. Probably wouldn't buy'em again because they wore out so fast. The Continentals (ContiWinterContact or somethin' like that) were a good mix of performance, value, and longevity. All three handled bad roads (and we get'em about as bad as they come) great when new. The Blizzaks just handled'em for four seasons; I got three out of the Conti's, but barely, and the Michelin's were pretty much shot after two. We had a winter that had a lot of thaws/warm weather, then nasty snow, repeat cycles which may have contributed to their early demise.

Hope that helps a bit. Now, any tips on making sure that salt doesn't eat my new car? Up until now, I've just stuck to driving older cars. Me scared.

Best to all,

Barry
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...t=95675&page=4

Try page 4 of this thread for some stuff.
02.ACCORD.DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote