View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 12:15 AM   #82
BoostedGT86

Drives: 2013 GT86 fa20 SBD500 MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clash0901 View Post
Hey, I didn't get a PM but I have kept track of every single purchase thusfar and i'm currently at $49,268.00 with the cost of purchasing the car for $15,000. So far, I have to maybe buy a few parts to tidy up and pay for a tune. Then I need wheels and tires to put the power down. Maybe another $4,000 roughly before it's complete.

And I've been trying to save as much money as possible. My bottom end is 100% stock, rear end is a stock lexus diff, etc. Eventually i'll need a built bottom end for higher power and likely a ford rear end so another $6k+

This is with me doing all my own labor.

Thanks for sharing, you are doing a quality job. You have given me it is a lot of food for thought. I had heard that this kind of swap was around $25k, with all the supporting mods. I have a mechanic that is telling me $7500-$10000 was all I was looking at, I have not been able to get a complete price for parts, labor, materials and so forth.

It seems like every time I talk with him about it the number gets a little higher. So I have been trying to do some research on my own and I feel like the best medicine for me is leave it alone. There is no doubt that anyone can drop an engine in and make it run, but no gauges, ABS, A/C, Heat, etc. Basically, it becomes a track car, not a daily driver. Mine is a DD and would want it to drive as it did before.

Your build is going to be so nice, great motor, the CD009 is a smooth transmission and PureAutomotive parts. I am excited to see this completed, keep up the good work.
BoostedGT86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BoostedGT86 For This Useful Post:
Clash0901 (11-14-2018)