View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 04:20 PM   #80
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,057 Times in 8,329 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)

K, I had a chance to take some photos of my car, so let me post it along with updates I've done.

Here's what my BRZ looks like atm.

Exterior
As you can see, TRD style duckbill spoiler have been working perfectly and don't have much issue. Exhaust is still same custom 2.5" w borla muffler & Nameless tip. It's working nicely... but recently kinda wanting different exhaust. If you got some good exhaust, let me know. Debating on getting rear diffuser & front splitter from Driveway Lab or @VeloxEric. They're both looks great & functional, which is very important for me... but it DO bump me up into SM class (in SCCA), it might be worth look into.

Suspension/Brake/Wheels
Suspension is have changed much. Still using RS-R Sports-i (moto-spec) with Whiteline adjustable endlinks connected to ST sway bar. Brakes are sponsored Winmax pads. Winter time, I switch em out to f:W1/r:W2, while summer/racing time I have f:W3/r:W2 to handle the heat. Not because sponsored, but Winmax pads are great! I'll prob be using Winmax even they weren't sponsoring me. It's THAT great pads. Daily wheels and tires are Enkei Raijin (18x8+35) wrapped in GT Radial (225/40) which is pretty cheap and quiet ride than I've expected. For racing, I still have Wedssport TC105n and love it! Currently need of new sets of tires and looking into Rival S or 595RS-RR.

I do need to get LCA in the rear, so was looking into Whiteline or Cusco ones. If anyone got good feedback of those OR have other brands, I'm open to it.

Interior

Interior I did major update. Help of Cusco, I got myself nice seats. Cusco do collab with Bride and have few different seats. I got myself a Digo II Type-R (dr) & Digo II (ps). Digo II Type-R have higher bolster on the side to help reduce body movements. Here are some of the pics of the seats.

Digo II Type-R

Digo II

& I love the front view too seeing those seats and logos.

Of course, side view is nice too

Now, Digo II is a reclining seats and not fixed back. Reason why I didn't go with fixed back is, this car is still a daily driving car and not a race car. Do like to have reclining option to get around the town. Now, for the cons. Cusco x Bride series Digo doesn't come with fireproof suede, but instead have the fell of semi-soft cloth (fireproof of course) to it. So if you compare to suede, it's a bit rough. Weight isn't great either. They weight give-or-take about same as stock seats (maybe 5~7lbs light), so it's not really a weight shaving, but more of cosmetic upgrade. Last one is a size. This issue isn't really an issue for me, but these seats are very narrow. I'm waist 33~34 and it fit me nicely, so anyone who's over those size won't fit or have a hard time squeezing in there.

As for interior idea, thinking of deleting the rear seats. I'm not using it, so was looking into Shrader Performance Rear Seat Delete Kit to keep it clean look.

I'll try to update as much as I can... while working on 86EXPO event.