View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 12:58 PM   #31
86_IT

Drives: 2013 Satin White Pearl BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzleSAURUS View Post
I'm a huuuuuge Stoptech fan for street cars. I've happily run through at least 1-4 sets on all my cars with autox and loads of DD miles. That said, they will definitely get toasty on the track.

I think since you've already bought them, install them and enjoy them, but keep your stock rotors and put some proper track pads on them, and switch your pads and rotors for track days, and enjoy having a really nice, firm, reasonable street pad the rest of the time.

Good luck with your build, I like your end goal, just make sure your trajectory matches or you're going to be buying parts again and again to accomplish your goals!
I got this kit with the intention of upgrading my brakes for a couple track days a year while I learn the car and get back on track. I haven't done a track day in years so I need to get my bearings again. Once I'm tracking more I will do a more serious overhaul on the braking system. Thanks for the encouragement. I have a mapped out plan of attack for once this car is no longer a full fledged daily.