Drives: '14 FR-S Monogram AT JRSC
Thanked 1,035 Times in 684 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgranberg11 View Post
you don't have to be a smartass.

this is one track event out of many that I never bothered recording since I was just getting started. This was 2 and 1/2 years in with the supercharger and about 10k miles with the kit and almost 40k on the engine. . I'm not blaming the kit for blowing up the engine, nor the tune, but probably rather a combination of the two and thrashing the car racing. feel free to watch my other videos on my channel. I'm not new to this.

do you have even track you car? you come off of as some guy as if you know better than everyone else. I'm providing legitimate facts and very valid experience, you have provided none of that for the OP.

I agree with you on the stock fan thing. This was another reason why I upgraded to the verus rad, as there's clearance and I don't have those problems. That's fair, I didn't know it was that car that just had a JRSC and oil cooler kit was all that was.

The point I was trying to make, if one can be patient and shop and look for deals; I'm 2k over that JRSC racing setup, sure pricing and people's build may differ, but I'm hardpressed that it's double. I can agree that it costs more though with a turbo. For what it's worth, and this is what it ultimately comes down to is people's own opinion on things whether or not they want a supercharger, which supercharger and turbo and which turbo. However, to get back to OPs statement, I never had a jrsc kit like I've already stated and wanted to share my general experience with rotrex units. Same applies when it comes to supercharger oil maintenance (which isn't that bad, it's just another thing to have to check), and when the unit fails needing it to go back to denmark to get it fixed, not being able to change boost unless you change out a pulley. And for what it's worth, I may have missed it, but I'm not even sure if the OP is tracking. To be honest, OP has nothing to be worried about even with a couple of track days and mainly DD just with a JRSC.
This is what I could understand so far.
- you had Kraftwerks
- you took your car to track
- made videos
- blew the engine
- and you like turbo over Rotrex since then

That is the experience you shared so far.
Do you have a video of the moment you blew that engine? That would be cool too. I wanna see that.
mrg666 is offline   Reply With Quote