View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 04:02 AM   #25
noAE86

Drives: ae86, etc..
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
The BMW 5.0L S85 V10 from the previous generation M5 and M6 has just north of 500hp.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_S85
that is actually very interesting, high revving v10 is just way too much awesome, especially after the second revamp to allow traction control OFF mode, i might see if i can have a go at measuring a mates m5 to see how big the engine is, i know he is thinking of another car soon so he could possibly be T-boned my a 4x4 in the near future lol.

we've done a few LS, 427, 2jz, 1.5jz, rb30, 3sgte and countless honda swaps in the past and its been great but never a v10, we even had a crashed Ferrari 360 we could of butchered but never got the time to, and sold onto the next poor sod to deal with the Italiano spaghetti they call a wiring harness.

a 2jz in a rx7 is close to being on the line of "too far forward" already, in a smaller car like the frs/brz is just madness, go find a s13 silvia with a rb25 engine swap and it would be pretty spot on for how it handles, and how useless they are for anything part from straight line work,
DO IT!!
noAE86 is offline   Reply With Quote