View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 01:11 AM   #1
nibor33

Drives: SSM BRZ-L 6MT (gone)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Two SWP automatics available in Chicagoland

This is not a classified ad, I do not represent the dealer at all.

Grand Subaru in Bensenville, IL, has two available SWP automatics coming in at the end of May, one premium (with optional spoiler) and one limited. They have VINs and ETAs.

They offered me one of these cars (I don't have an ETA) but I am set on getting a limited manual.

I'm posting this for two reasons. First, they've told me they are committed to selling at MSRP, so I figured I can help out forum members by posting this. If you're interested, call them on Monday. My salesperson is Joe, and FWIW, he's been nice and communicative, but nothing above and beyond, either. Bill is an enthusiast (autocrosses a WRX) so he's an option, too.

Second, I'm a little confused. I was supposed to be second on the list, but a forum member PMed me to tell me he thought I was third, and a dealer order was before me (a car they ordered for the showroom). I ordered on 3/2. They are telling me I really am #2, but that all of a sudden they are getting two "extra" cars.

Well, I don't believe it, I think they were dealer orders and I'm #4 instead of #2. I think it's shady, but since I have an MSRP order, and I'm in no real rush, I'm fine with keeping my order with them. Unless somebody can point me to a SWP or SSM limited manual with an ETA for MSRP in the Midwest that is available.

The only other theory I have come up with is what if that first boat, with mostly automatics, was carrying a bunch of non-ordered cars? Automatics make more sense for demos. Could SOA have planned this all along? Would they, considering there were so many pre-orders? Why waste the production on "extras?"
nibor33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nibor33 For This Useful Post:
NWIguy (05-07-2012)