View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 04:14 PM   #1254
killmequickly

Drives: 2013 frs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I used the word “feel” because I was expressing an opinion. If you want to present your side as fact then present us some facts not law firm propaganda. I become more convinced we just have some law firm shills on here every time somebody appears out of nowhere screaming “class action” against Toyota.

You said it is up to each individual to decide so what is wrong with my presenting some of the negatives? Should they not have more than one opinion to dwell on?

Don’t rely on misinformation.

Exactly, you expressed an opinion, an opinion against, which is the point I was making. Thank you for solidifying that.

I did not present my side as facts as I forwarded my entire opinion with "I would like to add my 50 cents". I merely gave an opposing opinion to your and other members opinions and threw in a few examples, thoughts, and personal analogies. I added a few pros and cons from personal experience and research, and yes I have a few facts in there as well, and I also appreciate RickyBobbys contribution.

Yes I did say and still do say that it is up to each individual to choose what course to take, I am merely wanting everyone to have all the information before they make an informed decision instead of relying on "feels" and an opposing opinion especially when I see mostly nay-sayers against a class action. You and others have already presented reasons against, and I am presenting reasons for, which I have not seen a well established argument on this thread yet so your "Should they not have more than one opinion to dwell on?" point is moot as I am the "other" opinion.

No one is screaming class action, as far as I am concerned DJ27 is just informing people that one has started and the option is there. I am here to throw in my opinion in the matter and let everyone know its not all doom and gloom and some good can come out of it if it is used properly, whether some form of monetary compensation, media attention, etc.

TLDR; a Class Action against Toyota is definitely an option, whether for monetary compensation, media attention, etc. It may not, in your opinion, be the best or the worst option, and it may not be successful but it is an option and someone had the time and courage to start one so lets not shit on that person and call them "shill".

And lets not pretend that we have law degrees and years of experience with law and think that there is zero or almost zero evidence for one either.

The truth is, we don't really know until it goes to court (if it even does). I've seen lawyers pull, what I thought, was the weakest excuse for evidence out of thin air and the judge somehow saw a point and the case was successful.

So, lets just agree to disagree and see how this works out. If someone wants to join the class action fine, lets not shit on them. And if they don't and would like to pursue individual suit or small claims fine, lets hope it works out for the best.
killmequickly is offline   Reply With Quote