View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #78
ill roller

Drives: BRZ/E30/IS300/LS400
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplat View Post
I guess my main problem with you was your attitude toward ride height suddenly precluding a car from being able to drift or do anything track related.

All I'm saying is, I looked at the OP's car for three seconds and could tell it was a show car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapOv3st3r View Post
So all that disagree are "trolls"....lol Ok, buddy. I forgot, I'm surrounded by expert drift and track car builders.

Then someone excludes Formula D. as if it's not a Pro series, because they don't like it and talk as if they can do the same thing themselves....And that's a valid argument...lol. Because FD cars are not slammed, it's ok to disregard them..I got it.

/sarcasm
Formula D is a pro series, but pro drifting as a whole sucks. A large number of people that drift will tell you that. If I had the money to get to Formula D and set my car up all racecar like I'm sure I could do it. I'm not saying I'd win, but I could.

You're missing the point though, Formula D cars make up maybe 0.01% of drift cars. So that small percentage of ugly cars, just because it's what you see on TV, is not what it's all about. That'd be like me thinking that all italians are like the people on jersey shore just because I saw them on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishbok View Post
just want to point out that "pro" drifting is mainly for style and show, thats how they are awarded points and as a result, the cars are setup primarily for style and show, not nescessarily function.
Not true at all... Pro drift cars nowadays are all about function.
ill roller is offline   Reply With Quote