View Single Post
Old 10-28-2018, 03:58 PM   #344
Ski.mask

Drives: Hks supercharged rocket bunny 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
I killed one supercharger (my fault). Bought a replacement which failed due to weakness in design.

It was replaced it last year and it ran flawlessly.

You heard they leak, eh? Based on the lengthy HKS superchargers owners thread I started a few years ago which has many hundreds of submissions, I have yet to hear of one that leaks. Hearsay, I'd say.

The common failure which seems to have been addressed had to do with a threaded internal part which sometimes overturned, stripped the threads and prevented boost from being produced. The first unit that I destroyed did not have that failure.

My kit isnt really a V1 except perhaps for the piping and intake. The intercooler is almost 2x the kit unit size and pipes to intercooler custom. Originally from somebody in Istanbul, believe it or not.
Don't buy used kits!!!
Yeah thats the reason i stopped using mine as a daily, im thinking about tracking this car you guy's know if the v2 or gt2 supercharger have any issues, i haven't heard of any failures so far, only problem is i cant get more hp cause none of the tuners in this country (new Zealand) is interested in tuneing a gt86
Ski.mask is offline   Reply With Quote