Old 12-07-2017, 02:05 AM   #14
DesertLava

Drives: '17 Hot Lava
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkahle View Post
Dear Everyone,

I thought that I would take some time to write a long needed review about XPEL and their clear bra (film). I am not sponsored by XPEL nor have I been asked to write this review. I am just another happy customer that has been using their services for the past 8 years and felt it was about time I showed them some love.

Four years ago I purchased my FRS and the absolute first thing I did after purchasing it was drive it over to XPEL to get my car wrapped and protected from nasty rock chips as well as anything else that could scratch and or damage the new paint on my car. Originally I purchased a half hood, half roof, as well as half fender kit for my car. Four years later and my paint still looks like the way it did the day I got it. I recently visited my local San Antonio XPEL shop to get upgraded to a full hood wrap, something I should have done the first time around.

I am no expert when it comes to their film and how exactly its manufactured. All that I needed to know before purchasing their film was that it is "self healing". This meant that whenever I would get smaller scratches or swirl marks in the film that they would dissipate after letting the car sit out in the sun for a little bit. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical of this but after three years my film had collected less scratches and swirl marks than the areas of my car without film. As you would expect their film is incredibly thin in addition to being durable, to be exact their ultimate film is something like 0.2mm thick(). So yea, unless you are really looking for it, its pretty much like its not even there.

Lastly theres XPEL's 10 year warranty that protects you and your film against yellowing, discoloration, peeling, cracking and hazing. So essentially if the film isn't performing the way it should they will replace it! This in my opinion is very important in that some of our body panels (front bumper) are very contoured and require a great deal of effort to properly install the film. So if for some reason your film comes loose one day or you happen to notice a air bubble under the film your local XPEL dealer will replace it.

Overall I would consider XPEL's film one of the most important and valuable mods I have done to my FRS. My only regret was not getting the whole car wrapped.... $$$.... But if you plan on owning your car for the long haul like I do XPEL's clear bra is a must for protecting your cars paint!
I'm interested in getting Xpel ultimate for my front bumper, headlights, mirrors, full fenders, full hood, A pillars, and roof.

Does your paint looks different on the raw (un-Xpel'd) paint on the door compared to a piece covered by Xpel like your bumper. I don't want to have a "two tone" car after a number of years.

Also, is it possible to drill through Xpel or attach things to Xpel using adhesives? I'm thinking of using my 86 as a dedicated track car in the future. I would want to install canards on my fenders and a lower front lip on my bumper. Would I need to drill through The Xpel to install them? Or will it stay on with glue/adhesives of some kind?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
DesertLava is offline   Reply With Quote