View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 10:20 AM   #984
rdub-S

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zc06_kisstherain View Post
anybody tracked with phantom here? any caution or worry? or ok to run?
I ran mine on the track about a month ago. It was a cool day and I never tripped the thermal protection (as far as I could tell). I ended up shutting it off during my second session because the batteries couldn't keep up, even with the accessory charger. It was pulling the voltage down to 16 volts or so, and would only recover to about 24 volts (where I normally drop to 21 or 22 and run at 28.6 volts fully charged). The batteries did not fully recharge even after letting the car idle for 20 minutes between sessions. To prevent overworking the batteries, I gave them the rest of the day off and ran with the system switched off.

It definitely made a big difference while it lasted. The batteries recovered on the hour-long drive home at the end of the day.

If my purpose for owning this car was for track sessions, I'd have a different system. I have this for what it does on the street, and it couldn't be better for that.
rdub-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rdub-S For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (06-18-2016), keen as (06-20-2016), Sojhinn (06-18-2016), zc06_kisstherain (06-19-2016)