Old 05-13-2022, 09:04 AM   #3
Nickel
Nick

Drives: 2013 10 Series GT86 #182 of 2500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
Looks good, would you be able to point me into the specific rails/supporting equipment you got. How's the feel? Do you sit lower?
Sure. So the rail is a Buddy Club super low BC08-RSBSRZN6-L. L is for left so if you want both, you'd have to get different rails. I got mine from eBay because that's where it was in stock. The rail will work with most any seat, but the buddy rail has tons of adjustability so you can sit lower or higher than stock. I've got it on basically the lowest sitting with one up in the front so I have a bit of a rearward rake. I'm 5'10" 140 lbs and wear a 30W32L. This seat is the standard size and fits me well and I'm definitely sitting lower than stock but not by a whole lot.

My rail didn't come with any screws for the side seat mounts but that screw size is an M8-1.25x30 Socket cap Allen and I used M8 washers with them.

As far as feel. Obviously, you don't have to fight being upright so you can feel a lot more of what the car is doing. I'd say spray the rail with WD40 because the grease that's on it isn't enough, the rail is still tight. My only real complaint but this is with every racing seat I've had is that I wish I could sit maybe a mm or 2 more to the right but the brackets are maxed out. It's not a performance issue, just a mental thing.
2013 Scion FR-S 10 Series MT #182 of 2500/1994 Suzuki Cappuccino/2016 Yamaha FZ-09/2022 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Handling Package MT Recaro 700A (#N3956)/2023 Toyota Camry XSE

Instagram: @nickel_reed
Nickel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nickel For This Useful Post:
spcmafia (05-13-2022)