View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 05:47 AM   #4
Gords_zenith

Drives: WRB BRZ Sport Tech
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Composite View Post
Hello everyone i am new to this forum and not so mechanically inclined. I know more about motorcycle mechanics than car mechanics. So i went to dealership today to have my car worked on and when i arrived home i did an inspection on my engine just to assure everything looked fine on my brz. I noticed that near one of the pullies there was an area that appears to have a bolt missing. That area were i assume a bolt should be connected also has a black metal tube protruding out of it but the tube does not connect or hold to anything, it simply just floats there. Also the pulley closest to it shakes "vibrates" way way more than any of the other pullies, kinda makes me feel as if it is missaligned. I attached some pictures i got off of the internet to show the area i am describing and also i circled the pulley that really vibrates including the area were i think something may be missing. If anyone could give me some input that would be great. The vibration of the pulley has me more concerned than the section with missing bolt but both areas i am being paranoid about could be normal. Let me know what you guys think.

This is your tensioner pulley for the accessory belt. It's meant to move slightly and vibrate. As for the hole it's a way to lock the pulley in the loose setting for easy belt replacement.
Gords_zenith is offline   Reply With Quote