Old 01-09-2024, 12:06 PM   #8
FR-S2GT86
Master Collaborator

Drives: Was '15 FR-S, 6MT, Now '15 GT86
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergycheese348 View Post
1 & 2). The Flex Fuel hardware was installed by me and a buddy of mine at the end of September (mostly him since I was working on the rest of the SC), and he has worked with a bunch of similar stuff before. Not the exact same but for example he has put methanol kit on his Buick T-Type, entire fueling system, a bunch of electronics, etc, so he is not a 'professional' but he knows his way around. The kit was previously installed with the same exact SC by the previous owner and he did not have a issue with it. The kit is working perfectly fine, reading accurate ethanol numbers, no leaks, etc.

3). Tune is from Zach, flashed onto car by me. He has no idea why the wheel speed sensor is having an issue, and no idea why either is dependent on ethanol.

I know EcuTek was hit because of worries of the EPA, but to my understanding of everything that just affected the inability to turn off certain CELs. The wheel speed sensor was not an issue while initially tuning on pump gas and the first time on ethanol, but when i went back down to pump I believe was the first time it started to be an issue. Timing for it becoming an issue at first was a bit vague as I was prioritizing a misfire (fixed by just swapping coil packs). The ABS/TC light truly is off too, both do not work when accelerating or braking hard. The car has also had no damage at all, and has not 'hit' anything that would affect the speed sensor, not that I would think that would affect it coming on based on Ethanol percentage.

I hope that is enough detail, I tried including a bunch of stuff in that may or may not be important. Thank you!

OK. Just to let you know, I'm only trying to help figure out the flex-fuel issue with you at this point, as I also believe the two issues you are having are unrelated. I was also tuned by Zach and flashed my own ECU like you.

Follow-up questions:

4) So, when you installed the flex-fuel, did you connect the analyzer output wire to the rear O2 sensor input connection or to the Evap pressure input connection, or to an alternative connection point?

And 4a) Does Zach know which input you used?
Count to muffens and call again.
I’m 40. So....... say hi to your sisters or daughters.
FR-S2GT86 is offline   Reply With Quote