Thread: Interior Gripes
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 11:13 AM   #25
thill

Drives: 2020 SS1LE (previous 13 BRZ owner)
Thanked 1,463 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinBRZ View Post
Maybe the BRZ Limited is different but there's not that much cheap plastic in mine. The dash is a nice soft rubber. The arm rests on the doors are leather and the top of the door is also leather. The leather and Alacantara seats are fabulous. I personally like the instrument cluster. The heat vent dials are a nice rubber as well. All of the silver interior parts I would have liked to be brushed aluminum.

The center console is plastic. I wish it was the same soft rubber as the dash since it has the same texture design on it already. Other than that, the only thing I hate is the reverse pullup thing. I would have preferred the VW way of pushing down and going into first for reverse over what we have.
I agree with everything you said concerning the interior fit and finish. This car does not have that much hard cheap plastic (speaking of the BRZ Limited). And you would be hard pressed to find a RWD sports coupe in the in this price range that does not cut corners on the interior finish and amenities. Gencoupe, Mustang, Camaro, etc. They all do. And with good reason.
thill is offline   Reply With Quote