View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 02:52 PM   #24
morswestford

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
What I mean by the air cleaner box is the plastic box near the front of the engine compartment on the drivers side that houses the air filter (assuming you have the OEM intake system).

There are two snaps at the top, just unsnap them like you were going to change the air filter. When you get the two sections of the box apart far enough to see in there, simply spray some of the starter fluid down into the air cleaner box.

Just leave the box partially open and crank the engine over. It should start and run off the ether for a spell. If it starts and runs, then button up the box.

If it starts and runs but then sputters out, give it another shot. Repeat until you run out of starter fluid or patience.

If the engine doesn't continue to run after that ........ just go with plan "B".

PS - the remaining starter fluid is great for starting motorcycles, lawn mowers and the like.

Reminds me of the time back-in-the-day, in Connecticut, one warm, Saturday morning, I heard the sound of many attempts from trying to start a lawn mower.

It was this neighbor girl, dressed in short shorts and halter top, cranking on her lawn mower. humfrz to the rescue with his can of starter fluid. The neighbor girl was a looker for sure, especially with the beads of perspiration trickling down between her breasts.

Well, after several shots and pulls, that mower wouldn't start ....... so, I checked the gas tank ....... bone dry!

The moral of that story is ...... ...... pay attention to what you are doing!

humfrz
i do not have the OEM air intake, i have a jackson racing supercharger installed, and i have their air cooler system. i didn't install it and im not sure if i want to mess with it.
morswestford is offline   Reply With Quote