View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 01:05 PM   #19
TachyonBomb

Drives: 06 Evo GSR SE, 17 Series Yellow BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
I find it amusing that David Pierini esq. just uses a regular old gmail address.
I found that interesting too. I guess he does not want to use his official work place email or address which would be an email ending in the company name ALEPH ONE and an address in San Francisco

Everyone should look up how there are exceptions to copyright and defamation laws in the following categories:

- Parody (this is why the president can't sue anyone who mocks him on TV or social media)
- Presenting News & Commentary (why most bloggers/forum posts and news can not be sued)

Stern v. Delphi Internet Services Corporation, 626 N.Y.S.2d 694 (N.Y. Sup. Ct. 1995), addressed this question directly and held that the news and commentary exception applied to the defendant's online bulletin board service.

I'm presenting relevant news and commentary on issues of interest to those in the car/86 communities. That is how car forums can get away with saying shop XYZ is poop because personal experience 1,
to avoid shop XYZ because personal experience 2,
shop XYZ did this to me based on personal experience 3.

Another take away that most forum and social media users should be aware of in relation to reposing or memes:

Courts have shown over and over that if you are not the creator of the content, you can not be held liable for it.

Follow what happened here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...96#post3213496
The Following User Says Thank You to TachyonBomb For This Useful Post:
why? (05-09-2019)