View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 05:43 AM   #20
Koji_Online
N7 Spectre

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86 (Ablaze - 6MT)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Smile K&N Filter Review

Hello! Thanks for your awesome post up for intake filters; I have a question that comes with a short story:

Before part numbers were officially announced in the weeks before the car went public, I bought 33-2252 from autozone after the cool employees let me test fit all filters that looked remotely close; the fit is Perfect. Now of course, K&N lists it officially as 33-2300, but they provide no flow data like they usually do; the reason both fits is dimensions are practically identical (length & width the same) except the 33-2300 has a taller filter element by I think less than 2mm. Do you think there would be a difference in gain here?

What gets me the most is that the 33-2300 is listed for the 05 TC & seems like a real limited/old aplication, while the 33-2252 is found in a lot more recent Toyotas & performance motor applications like the Lotus Elise; it strikes me odd that Toyota would use an intake box/ filter design from an older car rather than a newer one; with no flow data from K&N I wouldn't be able to rest until I see a comparison between the two haha
Your dyno time is precious, you have new parts coming in to worry about, & crops to harvest! Though if possible could you please include the 33-2252 in your next batch of filter tests that will include the apexi & afe oiled; that would be another much appreciated interesting comparison!