Old 06-20-2012, 11:10 PM   #81
Jason@Nameless

Drives: '88 BMW 535is Turbo
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi1 View Post
We picked up our Auto FRS last week and I am already looking at everything it will take to make this car a nationally competitive STX autocross car. I am seriously liking what I'm seeing here and have a few questions for you. Will the exhaust be a direct bolt on for the automatic equipped cars or will there packaging concerns regarding the different trans? If there are concerns I would like to help with the development of the automatic specific components if possible. Let me know if I can help in any way. I will be looking for an SCCA STX legal exhaust system in the next month to two months depending on what is actually available in that time frame.
I sincerely doubt anything will be different between the two, but it's hard to tell. Really depends how big the trans is and the only thing I can think of would be the downpipe bracket that attaches to the rear of the transmission. I really doubt they would have done that. Either way I'd love to work with you to make your car as competitive as possible. We're even considering doing a contingency program for SCCA Solo2 cars equipped with our parts and displaying our logo. If we're going to invest this level of time into the development of a naturally aspirated car (kinda odd for us to be honest, most of our products are for turbocharged cars), I'd like to leverage it to the fullest and migrate some of these ideas onto other competitive Solo2 cars.

Jason
Jason@Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote