View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 10:40 PM   #77
arghx7

Drives: car
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
I'm using an MS Works spreadsheet... For phasing all that I do is reset the LSA/advance/retard points manually within the range of the AVCS.

Plus I'm trying to focus on the acoustic tuning, and even with accurate phasing to identify the location and duration of overlap, I still don't know the shape/amplitude of wave returns anyways. Nor the effective pressure differential between the cylinder and primary tubes. Nor temperature gradient through the system. So I start with the general estimates for wave and gas speed/temp/pressure then do some low and high estimates through the system.

Like tossing Nerf hand grenades on an accuracy/effectiveness scale, but whatever...
Some kind of ballpark estimate is better than nothing, but the software that can actually do the job is very, very expensive. It costs more than a low volume performance enthusiast application can support. You would need a GT Power license and a proprietary model for it. Those can take into account the pulse tuning and valve timing effects for scavenging. I'm sure Toyota/Subaru has these models under lock-and-key.
arghx7 is offline   Reply With Quote