View Single Post
Old 04-21-2019, 06:55 PM   #17
maslin
Benz Tech

Drives: 2017 BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I’ve been though chassis harness wait times twice. We’re in the middle of another one now.

First was a fairly new car with a known issue of water in the harness. On vacation from NY in Montana at the time. We waited 4 months for the harness. From what I understand, warranty covered his flight home, a rental in NY, a free extended warranty and free prepaid maintenance. He certainly could have gone for lemon law with the time involved, but they made it worth his time to stay in the car.

Second was a motorhome, upfitter work failed and burned out a section of harness. I believe we had that thing on the lot for 3-4 months. Upfitter issue, no lemon law. We got it done and we haven’t seen it since.

Current car is a new on the lot E43. Rodent damage to the front. Going on 2 months and no harness yet. Also not warranty, obviously.

Cars used to be made with one harness. If you didn’t have the CD changer the plugs were just taped up in the trunk. Now everything is made to the VIN. One harness for the whole car, headlights to tail lights, sunroof to wheel speed sensors, and only the plugs you need in the exact spot you need them.

Buying a used car saves thousands. It also has its drawbacks.
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maslin For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (04-21-2019), Tcoat (04-21-2019)