Old 05-11-2010, 01:56 PM   #21
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jz-gte4life View Post
I didn't mean finding a newer Supra, i meant Toyota making a new Supra Model for the future

Oh p.s, i just cannot believe that ad, only 8000 miles, thats extremely low but if true, that would truly be amazing
66k tho... fugg that! My bad, the only Supra is the MKIV. Everything so far has been rumors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolToys View Post
A new Supra has been rumored to be in the works now for at least 10 years. The only concept that has come close to taking over the reins the Supra left behind is the FT-HS, and its still just a concept only, with no mention from Toyota if the car will ever make production.

If you took a direct analysis with inflation, a '98 Mk4 with a $43,000 dealer price would sell for roughly $56,000 today.

Edit Edit: If the FT-HS were released as the new Supra, today, it might actually be a bit higher of a pricetag. That car would be taunting some serious technology behind it. My hopes for Toyota in the near future are:
FT-86: entry level sports coupe
New Celica/MR-2: mid-level sports coupe (hopefully forever shaking off its FWD garbage)
New Supra: High-end, top of the line sports coupe.

A sports car for every market tier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagz94 View Post
I would venture to say that a "new supra" successor would cost the same as a GT-R around 75-85k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatadorRacing_F1 View Post
The MkIV Supra costs around $75K in todays money. Traditionally, it was always a Z competitor, up until the MkIV, where it took on vettes/911s/etc, and measured up to pretty much everything that wasn't in the exotic realm of that time (1993).

Were a supra released today it would either;
a) Cost around $30-$40K, forgo the Supra nameplate and revert to being a Z competitor
or
b) Cost Upward of $80K and rape pretty much everything this side of an LFA/458/Murci....

I think neither is likely to actually happen.
I agree with the masses! It would definitely float around the same price tag as a GTR and will have probably be as technologically advanced as the GTR.

Bless the day they bring back all the 90's cars!!