switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk77FT View Post
I really hope they will improve the story line and the stupid "cool bro'" unintelligent dialogues. It sounded so stupid that it made me cringe at some point during any movie from the series...but I harden up becasue some cool cars (for their times) were featured.
I get what you're saying. But last time it was like that was like... 4 sequels ago in 2003. And that's what made it classic (classically cornball ). Most people can't get past the stigma of the first two and overlook the breakout director Justin Lin's paradigm shift starting with part 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk77FT View Post
Make it more dark, more intense...something like Batman new series. I still see all the previous ones like the old batman series...crap and for kids.
Part 4 was dark (so dark you couldn't make out the color of some cars) with the premise of toppling a drug lord. It is what part 2 (also about a drug lord) should have been. Part 5 was The Italian Job Part 2 (heist flick). I fear part 6 will be formulaic following suit of parts 4 and 5 by building around some cliched premise. First drug war, then heist, now perhaps an international conspiracy threatening our national security? (I'm calling it NOW.)

Part 3 was the only one that stayed genuine to the original concept of part 1 yet kept corniness under control (ridiculous fun but not idiotic). Part 1 took underground street racing and converted it into the mainstream. Part 3 took something foreign (drifting) and catalyzed it into American mainstream (it was already happening but Tokyo Drift sped it up). The series needs another car-related "thing" to latch onto and build a premise around. I hope Justin Lin realized this and stepped up to it for 6.

Last edited by switchlanez; 01-29-2013 at 04:16 AM.
switchlanez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to switchlanez For This Useful Post:
Guff (01-29-2013)