Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PulsarBeeerz View Post
I love the commitment you all have at RacerX.[emoji144] The current torque and power curve look very similar to an OEM IM with Crawford BPBs. Which was kind of the point right? Just matching or besting OEM at all is an accomplishment because many thought it wasn't possible. The full exhaust setup will look meaty.

I had the BPBs on my first 93 octane setup, why more people don't run them for the extra area under the curve if they don't have access to E85 is beyond me...

Speaking of E85, hmm the torque surge we get from the longer runner VE doesn't play well with E85 in the past at least. Hopefully this will be different.
What I'm wondering is why no one seems to have played with the head flow. We have pretty conclusive evidence that there's some gains to be made with the header, but it's limited. And possibly some gains with the intake manifold, but they'll be very limited. Years ago someone was playing with filling the head ports to increase flow velocity as the heads flowed a ton of air but it wasn't as fast as would be optimal. But they dropped the project or stopped posting.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote