Old 09-11-2015, 01:30 AM   #223
rburrow87

Drives: (SOLD) '13 BRZ Ltd SSM / '91 Miata
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Congrats & welcome to the grown-up clutch club! It really is stupid easy, isn't it? It is THE thing people are searching for in the other threads. I just wish there was a way I could convince more people to overcome their fear and apprehension.

So funny. I bought the wrong one on a whim too, hence the jacked up photos. It's fine. I'll change it after it wears out in 10 years.

Don't worry. You aren't imagining it.

Yep, still enjoying it after driving a bunch more today! No problems with feathering, or hill starts, even with the grab point higher than it should probably be.

It's much easier to drive and it's hard to understand exactly why. It just seems more linear and predictable now, as if this is the slave cylinder size everything was designed around. It seems strange that a larger slave, which you'd think would simply increase the pedal travel required, could throw it off so much. Must be some odd geometry somewhere. You could sort-of get used to the original one to an extent, but one drive in a different car (NA Miata in my case), and it was just painful going back.

This has pretty much saved the car. Now I can concentrate on important stuff like an OFT and E85 or something
rburrow87 is offline   Reply With Quote