View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #148
JustAnotherNumber

Drives: 2003 Tacoma
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
So what you are saying that the majority of people posting here are of the "show" crowd, cause what I'm seeing is a 5:1 vote of FRS over BRZ. I for one like power, but I don't spend my pastime doing stop light drags. But I prefer the FRS over the BRZ. You can't lump people into a category. The way I read it is....all FRS owners will be Ricers and BRZ owners will be mature enthusiast simply based on looks. However I think pricing has way more weight on differentiating the demographic than how it looks. Just because the FRS is more aggressive looking it's about the "show"....I think not. Maybe it's just the BRZ looks more "boring and bland" and can be mistaken for another car (i.e. made by Mazda).

Power monger to me is someone who thinks HP is all they need to be fast. So they look at a car only by what power it's making (just like this idiot over on clubsciontC comparing the Mustang GT to the FRS/BRZ and saying how it is a fail because it has 200hp).
What I believe he was saying is that the GT86 has a more aggressive look. The look does not necessarily match it's performance figures (HP/TQ). Therefore, it is more show than go.

The Subaru has a more toned down appearance and therefore does not suffer from the all look and no go aspect.

Sorry if that bothers you, but I tend to agree. I wouldn't call the GT86 a ricer, but it's definitely styled more aggressively than what it's putting out.

They have listed 0-60 times around 6.5-7 seconds. I wouldn't call that fast. Therefore, yes, they do need a little more power going down. The earlier mentioned test drive mentioned it handles like a Cayman which is awesome, but everyone doesn't live where there are a lot of twisties.
JustAnotherNumber is offline   Reply With Quote