View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 11:19 PM   #1
haloterence

Drives: 2013 whiteout fr-s
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bad experience while getting my car service

After carefully breaking in my car. I decided to do an oil change. To my surprise I gotten a letter from Power/Autonation for complimentary first oil & filter change. It was a totally separate deal from the Scion maintenance program. Thinking that I just scored, I schedule myself an appointment. I was actually quite hesitant to take it to a dealership from watching the youtube vids and people posting negative experiences about having their car serviced. So as a safety precaution I cleared my trip A mileage reader to Zero to see how many miles they were going to put on the car. I marked an X on top of the oil filter. So that I know If the filter has been changed. I also told my adverser if they can put on the fumoto drain valve that I brought in.

Well, it pays to be paranoid sometimes. Especially with our beloved FR-S.

before

after

So I got a call 2 hours later that my car is done. When I arrived to pick up my car. My service adverser came to greet me and told me that there wasn't any problem with my new car. I ask him where they put the original drain plug. He told me that the service department wouldn't allowed any aftermarket product that wasn't purchased through them to be added on. OK, fine I was thinking in my head. Then this strange thought about if they even changed the oil?. Pop my hood and saw the same exact oil filter I marked. But covered up by a black marker. At this point I was pretty upset. Checked my trip mileage and there was 2.3 miles that been driven. Anyways, long story short I spoke to the manager. He told me that since the car is so new they didn't have the filter in stock. But that they did change the engine oil. I ask him why was there so many miles adding on for an oil change? He then told me that after every oil change they do a "Driving Test" to make sure everything is running fine. My BS radar is going off the hook at this point. If this place is going to lie about a simple oil change. What else is going on under closed door? I seriously felt raped, well my car did. But I felt it. .

Last edited by haloterence; 09-14-2012 at 01:29 PM.
haloterence is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to haloterence For This Useful Post:
DarthNads (07-22-2012), R2RO (09-14-2012), TemeCal (09-14-2012), Wix (07-22-2012)