View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 04:35 PM   #91
GrabTheWheel

Drives: 16' BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinS View Post
They don't have a LS twin. They are in the process of swapping a shop car though. They have a build thread on it. I believe a new set of 1 7/8 long tubes and a different rear diff are in the works (New mustang). They have revised their transmission mount to include an actual trans mount instead of the tiny sliver of poly with the current mount. Can't develop more swap parts if they don't know what needs made. Not sure what else they could offer though.

Element tuning is running a stock diff on their twin turbo ls track car. Making almost 1k Whp. I may have misunderstood, but I am pretty sure they even had stock axles for some reason. Killed one last session. Though there isn't any long term info on the diff at those levels, I think only those drag racing and launching the cars hard have had diff issues, and that was mostly in the casing.

Click image to see their current progress

You're right Dustin, not much more they can develop for the swap. I was mainly thinking they could offer some kind of CANbus solution and package everything together as a "complete kit" possibly at a slightly discounted price if you bought all the parts, driveshaft, headers, etc. I'm glad they let you buy individual parts though, saved a little money not using some of their stuff.

I guess I'm just surprised more people aren't swapping these cars as they get cheaper to buy used every year. I thought at this point Vorshlag would have more competition from someone like Sikky. Simple answer I think is engine swaps are more expensive and complicated than people think...
GrabTheWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrabTheWheel For This Useful Post:
DustinS (03-08-2019), Sportsguy83 (03-08-2019)