Old 03-05-2019, 09:36 AM   #90
DustinS

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Thanked 1,414 Times in 804 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabTheWheel View Post
So far @ILLSMOQ is the only one I've heard of who's upgraded to a Ford 8.8 diff curious if anyone else with a swap has destroyed the stock diff? How much abuse can it take? Also really curious why Vorshlag hasn't put out any new info on developing new swap parts for our platform since like 2016? Is there just not enough demand and they've lost interest?
They don't have a LS twin. They are in the process of swapping a shop car though. They have a build thread on it. I believe a new set of 1 7/8 long tubes and a different rear diff are in the works (New mustang). They have revised their transmission mount to include an actual trans mount instead of the tiny sliver of poly with the current mount. Can't develop more swap parts if they don't know what needs made. Not sure what else they could offer though.

Element tuning is running a stock diff on their twin turbo ls track car. Making almost 1k Whp. I may have misunderstood, but I am pretty sure they even had stock axles for some reason. Killed one last session. Though there isn't any long term info on the diff at those levels, I think only those drag racing and launching the cars hard have had diff issues, and that was mostly in the casing.

Click image to see their current progress