2forme

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,552 Times in 843 Posts
Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
Yes it can, it seems to be happening due the heat from knock/donation during very certain conditions (quickly shifting gears at high rpm). There is a transient ignition map for this and is what is adjusted in the newer software.

I really don't get why everyone is freaking out about this. Do people not remember the cel/cam problem our cars first had, go look in the stickied thread, there were 200+ cases ranging from small fixes to new engines but now we don't hear much about it anymore because it was dealt with, changes were made and now it's not really an issue.

There have only been ~12 members on here that have had seal problems so far. There are 25,000 86s on the road... let Toyota and Subaru deal with the problem just like the last cel problem.

You all bought a brand new platform, with a brand new engine and now lots of you are up up arms that everything isn't perfect from the get go. Everything goes through updates, changes, service bulletins, recalls, that's the trade off for hopping to a new platform right away.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Carbonblue is right. I know someone with the issue who doesn't drive his car in the manner described. He's not on here but you can send me the questions and I will call him.
2forme is offline   Reply With Quote