View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #29
Pin Flare
Luna

Drives: 2016 FRS Release Series 2.0
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Okay everyone Ive been waiting to write a review on my new Stance Super Sport Coil overs until after I got done with my autox yesterday... So now that that's done, lets get to this review shall we? First off, Thank you so much @THMotorsports.com for the awesome coil overs! I read a lot on coil overs from the cheapest to the $5000 plus coil overs. Well I cant afford the expensive ones and I had a certain price range I had to stick with. The Megans where appealing at first until I started reading the reviews. I noticed everyone who had them said the liked them but those who didn't have them and had the more expensive ones talked down about them and said that the others never experienced good coil overs... Hmm okay so this scared me away. So I then went to look at the next price range. The BC racing, Stance, Fortune Auto, and one or two other companies had coil overs that I looked at and read review. I then quickly learned that it was the same thing with these coil overs as the Megans. Those that had them loved them and those that had the more expensive stuff talked crap about them. So I noticed a pattern. I did this one more time with the KW V3 that we all know and love. But those where just too far out of budget for now. So anyways I went with what my friends have. Stance. So first off, Thank you THMotorsports.com for the awesome price matching and Veterans discount!

So I waiting very impatiently till the day they finally arrived. I went home after work to pick them up then went straight to my friends shop to install. Installation was a breeze, however I had to take the camber plates off the tops of the front struts and put them on the other side. I don't know why they where on the wrong side but its what ever. So since installation was a breeze how low did I go? Did I have any rubbing issues? How was handling affected?

Well lets start by me telling you my original set up before the coil overs and how the car handled to give you a better idea as to what the coil overs are actually doing for me.

Original Set up:
Eibach Pro-kit 1" lowering springs/stock struts and shocks
225 Toyo Proxie T1S front tires
275 Toyo Proxie T1S rear tires
Lots of under steer very hard to drift with out spinning out and couldn't get the rear out to far before it was "to far" But im not a drifter so maybe it was just me. I doubt this was the springs and instead was just the fact that I have way to big a tire out back.

Before:

Okay so now the good part.

Set up now:
Same wheels and tires but with Stance Super Sport coil overs VIA @THMotorsports.com
I dropped it all the way down for a photo shoot and car show but raised it back up after the shoot for my autox yesterday. We wont talk about the handling slammed because we all know a slammed car does not handle good at all. However the autox yesterday was a blast. It did take me a few sessions to figure out how to drive the new suspension but now I have learned that if I want under steer I can have it, if I want over steer, I can have it, if I want full on drift... yeah, I can have that too! And boy was the drifting so much fun during the fun runs after the autox was over. The last session I ended up drifting the slalom section and didn't hit a cone! lol And like I said Im no drifter but my rear was hanging way out and it was very controllable. I now have more confidence in the car and have a blast. It does ride a little more rough but that's okay with me. If anything I would want it a little more rough or more road feel. All in all im super stoked for these coil overs and I will recommend @THMotorsports.com and the Stance coil overs to anyone and everyone that is looking for coil overs. Here is some eye candy when it was slammed for my photo shoot!

2016 FRS RS 2.0 #347 of 1000

2013 SCION FRS DEAD AND GONE THANKS TO A FLOOD.
Pin Flare is offline   Reply With Quote