View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 09:49 AM   #27
Petah78

Drives: 2022 BRZ sport-tech
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I recently replaced my 2010 civic SI with a 2017 BRZ limited. To say that you can't have fun in a FWD car is plain wrong. It's all about your own personal preference/situational needs. There are plenty of fun/capable FWD cars out there these days that offers wayyyyy more as an overall package to the 86. The SI is one of those cars. Sure, the 86 is a better dedicated circuit car but for a single "do it all" car, the SI offers wayyyyy more. My SI was the last gen of the high revving K20 screamer. From a drivetrain perspective, its lightyears ahead of the twins. The car comfortably seated 4 - 5 people, wasn't too bad on gas, dead solid reliable and handled EVERYTHING i threw at it with ease. Picking/dropping off the kids, numerous road/ski trips where my wife decided to pack the entire house, track days, groceries.....the list goes on and on. The car does feel a bit go kartish because of the quick steering. And with a mechanical torsen LSD (which I believe the newer SI have as well), the car just pulls itself out of the corners.

In the end, both cars, twins and SI, are geared towards different crowds. Both can provide a very enjoyable driving experience, you just have to decide what is important to your lifestyle. I was lucky enough to have a 2nd/more practical car in the house to do the heavy lifting and as my kids gets older, are capable of climbing into the back seats hence I replaced it with a BRZ. But my SI provided me with 6 years of reliable, usable and very fun driving experience. Its one of the best cars i have owned i wouldn't hesitate to get another in the future if my life situation warrants one.
Past: 92 EG w/JDM B18C, 00 EK w/JDM B18C, 04 600RR, 97 ITR #421, 10 Acura CSX-S, 17 BRZ
Current: 22 BRZ, 00 S2K - #0220
Petah78 is offline   Reply With Quote