View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #15
blueBRZ

Drives: 2010 GTI & 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yep...must be the same car...and yes, it's an automatic. [sigh] They had it parked out front, under a tent. A salesguy unlocked it for me and I had it all to myself for about 15 minutes. The Galaxy Blue is simply stunning!

It's about the same footprint as the GTI...but about 8 inches lower. The seats are very nice/comfortable/supportive but the center stack in the Premium is all business...no worries. This car isn't about fancy buttons and knobs. I was concerned that I'd want an armrest, but the side bolster kept my arm much further forward and it naturally rested on the parking brake. No biggie there either.

The backseat is very tight...but this we know. I'm pretty sure that my 9 year old will be able to sit behind my 5'2" wife in the passenger seat...but my 6 year old may have her legs pinned by the seat. I couldn't accurately simulate how much room I'll need for my left leg being that it was a slushbox. I'll make it work. Overall...it has presence and a look of purpose. This thing is gonna be a blast!!