View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 09:21 PM   #23
Logikal Reazon

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by df.dima View Post
You will think we are all sad and unimaginative pessimistic haters for saying this. Most of us have been through the experience.

You are asking about a direction without stating your goal. What are your goals? Money aside.
Do you want to mod for sake of modding? Do you want to have an IG following and hard park?
Do you enjoy handling aspects, do you want to go into motor-sporting activities/driving this car as Toyota gods intended to?

While it sure is fun to throw money and "forum cred/quality/race" parts on the car, I agree with Cole in a way. But if you're going down that rabbit hole, do it exponentially, savour each piece separately.

Drive the car, drive it on the street as appropriate, drive it in abandoned parking lot at night if you feel naughty and assume the risks of that, or just plain go join auto-x, hpde or whatever activity.

Research alignment, understand how that affects driving experience. You will notice an immediate difference just by spending first $100 on that.

Tune the stock engine/header first if you want. See what that feels like. Then maybe go further for header? Got bored of that? Go FI?

The parts you are listed are all excellent quality pieces, community darlings sort of thing, but if you slap all of that on, you might miss out on the fun of "getting there".
First off thank you for replying and your advice, it's much appreciated.

I love this car, the way it looks the great handling it has however there are things that I want to change. I do plan on keeping this car for a long time.

These mods will represent a sort of "Phase 1" for me, altering the looks and sound while trying to hammer out the torque dip.

I do plan on keeping the car NA until all of these mods are complete then plan on supercharging it and doing other mods to go along with higher horsepower.

I don't plan on stancing it or making it a drift machine. I love the balance and grip the car has now and while I don't plan on autocross or tracking it I do want it to have the ability to. However passive that may be. I want it to be a grip monster.

Short term goals:
1. Achieve the look I'm going for
2. Remove torque dip while NA
3. Retain grip/handling

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Logikal Reazon is offline   Reply With Quote