View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 02:04 PM   #32
DandoX
Senior gif poster

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Ughh, this happened to me last night. After 80k my rotors are glued. Now my apartment garage is small so its a very tight working space and there is very poor ventilation and I can't be too loud, so no metal hammers.

So I took off my caliper and found the rotor wasn't budging, I pulled a bone head move and tried to use the bolt that attach on the pistons of the brake caliper to unseize the rotor, this just chewed up the ends of those bolts. Luckily I can still thread them on the caliper and they seem to tighten okay still.

Then I went and got a few nuts trying to do what was posted in that video a few pages back. I found that I have too short a bolt (oem bolt) and the nuts I got are too large to fit the two needed to push the rotor out. So I went and got some PB blaster and soaked it near the base of the studs. My garage stinks now and I have a big fan on high airing it out, I want to avoid chemicals as the smells linger and are hard to vent out.

I also got the proper bolts thanks to the image @F1point4 posted. When I get home today I'm going to bash it some with my mallet and if that doesnt do it I will slowly torque those bolts down and hopefully it gets free.

Wish me luck, I angerly tried to get it off for a while before checking online and finding this handy thread
DandoX is offline   Reply With Quote