Old 04-28-2015, 08:37 PM   #50
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stugray View Post
I have hit 127 MPH and had more RPMs to go, but the HP seemed to just drop off.

Then I read that the US BRZ tunes begin fuel cut-off approaching 130 MPH (governor).
So I believe it.
And I have foud where in the tune the limit is (cant remember the table name off hand)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaya View Post
It was banked actually, just too sharp a turn to feel comfortable. Although I was also braking pretty hard as my exit is about halfway through the curve and I needed to slow down to around 80

The stock speed limiter is a soft limiter set at 137 and 140. The fuel cut speed limiter is set well over 200mph.
I may have, inadvertently, just possibly, one time in the middle of the night, on a very long straight deserted highway hit 132 before the power dropped off. It could have, just maybe, if it really happened (not saying it did ) held steady at that for a couple of minutes before I might have decided to slow down. I may also have hypothetically been shitting bricks in fear of a gust of wind causing lift off as the car may have, if it was really happening, felt like it was pretty close to losing any type of down force. So my probable fever dream experience would support the soft limit someplace around 130 or so just like you guys say.
Amaya (04-28-2015), Gunman (04-28-2015), stugray (04-29-2015), Ultramaroon (04-28-2015)