View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 03:48 PM   #16
letsteyr

Drives: GT86 turbo FA20DIT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi! some update (not good). I"ve contacted many standalone manufacturers like haltec, simtek, motec.
Motec might be the only one who could help me but not so easy. Here are their answer:

"The Toyota 86 Plug in kit is designed to work with the FA20D engine. This engine has a number of differences with the FA20DIT engine, the main one being that the D engine uses a DI Amplifier box to drive the DI injectors and HPFP, whereas on the DIT engine, these are directly controlled by the ECU (which also uses a different loom connector). You would need to use one of our M14x M1 ECU's (dependent on injector type) to control the engine but not the rest of the vehicle. We are investigating the development of a Toyota 86 DI Engine Swap Package that will allow for the use of these engines in the 86 range, withcomplete vehicle integration."

"The standard Toyota 86 Package is unable to be used with the FA20D engine as the Reference Mode is different in the two engines, and this cannot be changed in the Toyota 86 Package."

So, to to summarize:

solution1: if i take the PnP GT86 motec ECM, it's impossible to deal with the FA20DIT synchonisation patterns. I don't understand why Motec can't give me the setup of the FA20DIT. So no way

solution2: if i take the M14 motec ECM
- i have to put the FA20DIT intake Wiring (i got it)
- i must remove Port Injectors (ok)
- i must remove GT86 DI box (ok)
BUT i won't be able to make the dashboard and other systems work properly
letsteyr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to letsteyr For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (08-09-2018), Teseo (08-16-2018), tirespin782 (07-27-2018)