View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 03:58 PM   #2
Azzudien

Drives: 2017 Series Yellow BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
100% agree with the statement "I think this is the perfect mode for the budding track day enthusiast who wants to become a better driver but doesn't trust himself to not loop the car into a wall."
I just started this year doing track days. First one was in the rain, left all nannies on and only had them kick in a few times. Next track day was dry, put in track mode and never had it kick on, so obviously I was not driving at the cars limit yet.
3rd Track day was Lime Rock, and those that have driven there know the uphill at the end of no name straight can be interesting if you don't get squared up going over the crest.
First few times going over the crest TC would kick in to stop the wheel spin, then I got the hang of just when to lift on the crest to prevent wheel spin and never saw it kick in again. I will say it did save me once on the left hander as I turned in to late and back was kicking out pretty good. Track mode let me slip almost 3/4 of the way around the turn and as the OP said, then it decided that was enough and helped correct.

The nicest thing about it in my mind is the correction when TC kicks in is so unobtrusive, a few times I wouldn't have even known it was helping if not for the light flashing on dash. Subaru really got this one right imo.
Azzudien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azzudien For This Useful Post:
dowroa (10-30-2017), Tristor (05-16-2018)