Old 07-23-2013, 03:51 PM   #1464
OrangeJuleas

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k View Post
That's really weird. Maybe you have a very long torso? I'm 6'2" and I have plenty of headroom. With a helmet on I still have around 1" of clearance.

And to the people that say there's nothing to dislike about this car, I don't get it. The heart and soul of a sports car is it's engine. I don't really know how that can be debated. And the word that best describes this engine is "adequate". Lukewarm would be another adjective.

Intoxicating, powerful, screamer, etc...are words that do not come to mind.
I hate to get technical, but the FRS/BRZ/GT86/FT86 are not sports cars. They are Grand Tourers. Per wikipedia:

"Grand tourers emphasize comfort and handling over straight-out high performance or spartan accommodations. Historically, most GTs have been front-engined with rear wheel drive, which creates more space for the cabin than mid-mounted engine layouts. Softer suspensions, greater storage, and more luxurious appointments add to their driving appeal."

Hell, even the sports car article states that:

"A sports car (sportscar or sport car) is a small, usually two seat, two door automobile designed for spirited performance and nimble handling. Sports cars may be spartan or luxurious but high maneuverability and minimum weight are requisite."

So technically, the F/B/G/86 fits this requirement, but at no point does engine become a requirement for a sports car. One of the best selling sports cars of all time was/is the MX-5 and their original engines can probably best be described as "anemic". More important than power is weight and its distribution and handling characteristics. THAT is the heart and soul of a sports or GT car. Engine is the heart and soul of a Drag Racer.

FWIW, I believe that a little more power would draw out our favorable balance and grace (maybe 200whp), but as it stands it is nothing to complain about. I see people doing far greater with less capability.
:happy0180:

I'm not insane, in fact I'm kinda rational, when I be asking y'all, "Where did all the passion go?"
OrangeJuleas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OrangeJuleas For This Useful Post:
WolfpackS2k (07-23-2013)