steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgi View Post
while the above is somewhat correct I would not want people to get scared.

Se here are some comments:

As per Colby, the Tactrix guy, there will be no more revisions of EcuFlash unless someone reports an issue with the latest version. so yes, it is Beta, but pretty much 'pre-production'.

There is no difference between manual/auto roms. EcuFlash will only write rom if you have definition file for your ROM. So the simple and effective way to protect your car is to have only ecu definition for your ECU.

this is pretty much the same as for any other tuning solution, dealership flashing including. if folks were using other tuning solution they should use common sense what work around specifics of those other solutions they have/had.
however on its own, EcuFlash is more flexible since if dealership decides to overwrite tuned rom they will be able to do that and won't notice the rom is tuned unless they download it and look into.

again, this pretty much applies to any tuning solution. however, just like with other solutions, it may be possible to recover your bricked ecu. @SkullWorks had his recovered.

which leads to the last point.

you can contact guys at Tactrix and get some support. Although Tactrix provides EcuFlash for free (as a by-product) it's not open source and the company is a commercial organization, so some reliability and support is there. You can also post on RomRaider forums any questions you may have.
I basically agree with everything you point out, just wanted to make people aware its not as "supported" in terms of help as other platforms.

From memory the @SkullWorks problem was early on and he just got a later release version to "recover" his ecu from a failed write.

I have had a couple of failed write, which have been recovered fine with latest version.

Manual and Auto ROM's are different ROM series so I believe they would be different ??
Was just pointing out that with other platforms their are more "safeguards" in place that actually prevent you writing wrong ROM. ie they look at current ROM type in vehicle before write.

Will make a few changes
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
gt7877 (10-09-2020)