View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 05:33 PM   #20
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: quicker than arghx7
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
*Yes the cabin-plumbed acoustic resonator is gone, whew! In it's place is a larger acoustic chamber not dissimilar to the Gazoo car. You can now be pretty sure the car is MAF, right between the intake elbow and the air filter. This'll give the aftermarket a slight headache.

*LOL stupid little red intake manifold decorative cover.

*I seriously hope they're not done routing the A/C lines; could they possibly have laid them out more haphazardly?! They look awful.

*Interesting to see separate reservoirs for clutch and brake fluid. Speaking of brakes, why the hell is the ABS module way up next to the engine?

*The strut-tower brake is now modular and flimsier, not a big welded-in piece like on the Gazoo race car.

*You can now see the windshield and/or headlight washer reservoir, and the windshield washer nozzles in the plastic cowling under the wipers. The cowling looks ready and willing to scoop up all the autumn leaves; let's hope it doesn't.

*Still not sure if that's really the ECU standing on-end on the right side of the engine. Also, what's that huge black box in the front right of the bay?

Nice to see more engine bay pics. Though I have to say it looks a bit sloppy in there. I'm sure they could've made it look cleaner if they spent 5 minutes routing things neater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliKev View Post
The battery is also in a different location...
Erm, it's a left-hand driver versus right-hand drive. The brake & clutch reservoir, and by necessity the battery are mirror-imaged.